Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Before and After: Lanterns

Another shot from this year's Schnormeier Gardens. This was a shot from within one of the small asian-like structures located in the gardens (I believe that was what it was). The photo was not too good and I really did not know what to do with it. I almost deleted the photo from my Lightroom library, but I thought I give it a try in editing and see what I could come up with.

So, starting in Adobe Lightroom, I try my best to clean it up and reduce some of the noise in the shadows before opening it up into Adobe Photoshop as a smart object. Then I proceeded to open it up into ON1 Photo Raw 2019 plugin. I started with the Black & White Ambrose preset that comes with Photo Raw to give a starting point. Then I applied a Photo filter using the 85 preset followed by a Sunshine filter to brighten it up some. Then comes a Dynamic Contrast with the Natural preset. I used a strong Noise Reduction filter to help reduce some of the noise. The a Brocade Black texture was added and finished off with a Sloppy Border 3. I thought it came out better than I expected.

#beforeandafter #photoediting
After edited in Adobe Lightroom and ON1 Photo Raw 2019.

Before edited in Adobe Lightroom and ON1 Photo Raw 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment