Tuesday, August 20, 2019

New Camera: Canon G5 X Mark II

While I own a full frame Canon 5D Mark III camera, I have been thinking of getting a second camera but a point and shoot type. My 5D is great but is heavy like many DSLRs and with my back problems, carrying around a heavy camera and bag is not helping. Sometimes I just need a camera small and lightweight that I can through into my pocket. I do find that most of the time I am out at the park or riding the bike trail, all I really need is a lightweight small camera.

Canon has come out with two such cameras, G7 X Mark III and G5 X Mark II. The G7 X Mark III, the cheaper of the two, does not have a viewfinder something I am use to having. And it seems more for the vlogger for which I am not. The G5 X Mark II seems to be for the photographer which probably explains why it is the only one of the two that has a pop up viewfinder but it costs a little more than the G7. While I have a iPhone, camera phones in my opinion just can't match the abilities and quality of a camera with an actually zoom lens.

#camera #canon
You can check out the specs at DP Review:
https://www.dpreview.com/news/5017140317/canon-powershot-g5-x-mark-ii-has-fast-24-120mm-lens-and-pop-up-evf

No comments:

Post a Comment