Monday, July 29, 2019

Goodbye Photoshop, Hello Affinity Photo!!!

Well, it has been practically two months since I started using Affinity Photo as my photo edited and stopped using Adobe Photoshop. And so far, I have not missed Photoshop. actually I am loving Affinity Photo a lot. I find that it can do everything Photoshop can do and at times better and faster. Recently I opened Photoshop and realized how really slow it was at opening even on my 2013 16GB iMac. Photo on the other hand opens so fast that I get whiplash watching it open. And after two months of using Affinity Photo, I am getting familiar with it just as I did with Adobe Photoshop. Plus, with Affinity Publisher out, it works seamlessly with Publisher and Affinity Designer. And of course you can't beat the price ($50 USD).

This is the last move for me from Adobe. Earlier this year, I stopped using Adobe Lightroom and switch to ON1 Photo Raw and eventually I am think of dropping my Adobe subscription since price has gone up. As much as I loved Adobe over the years and been using Adobe Photoshop since late 1980s (I guess you can say from the beginning), things have changed with more applications to choose from. The only downside with Affinity Photo is the lack of plugins. I wish plugin makers would stop just supporting Photoshop and add support for other photo editing applications. Hopefully that will change as more people switch to Affinity Photo.

Affinity Photo:
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/

#affinityphoto #photoediting
Affinity Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment