Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Before and After: Bees of Black & White

I find I am enjoying using ON1 Photo Raw for creating black and white images. The textures, borders, lens blur, etc. allows me to be creative in the process. Here is an example from a shot I took at the Brown Family Environmental Center near Gambier, Ohio.

Editing
I started with a Tone Enhancer filter to add some contrast to the photo followed by a Black & White filter. To add more more detail contrast, I added aDynamic Contrast filter and added some film grain with the Film Grain filter. Then I added a film texture I found somewhere online. A Split Tone filter was used to add a very small amount of color to the photo. Another Tone Enhancer was applied but only to the background to darken it up so the bees and flower in the foreground stand out more. A Lens Blur then was added to blur the background. Photo was finished off with simple white border.

#beforeandafter #photoediting #blackandwhite #bfec
After editing in ON1 Photo Raw.


Before editing in ON1 Photo Raw.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. I have not used On1 for editing in B&W. I need to try it I guess. Very nice example of what can be done.

    ReplyDelete