Friday, December 7, 2018

Before and After: Buddha

One of the great features of Schnormeier Gardens outside of Gambier, Ohio is the Asian gardens. The private gardens are opened to the public once every year during the first weekend of June. One of the great features is this Buddha statue. It is a great subject to photograph.

Moving onto the editing. After cropping the photo in close to the face using Adobe Lightroom CC and then opening the photo into Adobe Photoshop CC as a smart object (always try to edit nondestructively), I opened ON1 Photo Raw 2019 as a plugin to add the effect I want. First filter I used was Textures and I used a Twilight texture that I downloaded from ON1 website. You can find textures from the ON1 website in which some are free to ON1 users. Next, I applied a Vintage filter using the Red-Yellow setting and chose the Oatmeal color. Then I applied a Tone Enhancer to boost contrast and a Black & White filter using the Coffee color. Next, I used a Photo Filter with a Tobacco color and a Classic LUTs filter. Then another Textures filter was added using this time Metal Grunge Vignette. And since one can never have too many textures, I added another Textures filter applying a Rice Paper Dark texture. Next, a tilt-shift Lens Blur filter was applied and masked the blur from the face. Then a Film Type 552 Border was added and the border was masked from the top and bottom of the face. A Dynamic Contrast filter was then added to boost the contrast some more. Too help give it the color I was going for, I applied a Split Tone filter and selected the Oats color to finish it off. Whew!

#beforeandafter #photoediting
Before editing using Lightroom and ON1 Photo Raw 2019.
After editing using Lightroom and ON1 Photo Raw 2019.


No comments:

Post a Comment