Saturday, November 30, 2019

Remembering Paul Walker

Being a big fan of the Fast & Furious films, November 30 is always a sad for FF fans like myself. On November 30, 2013, actor Paul Walker died in a fiery car crash. He was the original Fast & Furious character in the films and major character in the films (not including FF3). When read about him, he comes as a guy who was kind and cared about others. He doesn't come off as a big famous snobby actor but someone who is down to earth. So as a remembrance of Paul Walker, I create a image to post to social media using only Affinity Photo.

EDITING
After finding a photo of Paul behind the steering wheel from a scene from one of the films, I placed it into a 1080 x 1080 pixels document. Next, I added a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer and desaturated the image to take out the color to give me a black and white image to work with. I added a Black and White adjustment layer to adjust only his eyes to bring out some of the contrast. Next came a black rectangle at the bottom of the image and applied a gradient to fade the black rectangle. This is where I placed the text using the font Antique Olive Std Nord Italic which I was able to find on the internet (luckily for free). I needed to add some contrast to the image so I added a Brightness/Contrast adjustment layer and a Shadows/Highlights adjustment layer to darken the shadows. Then I used the Inpainting Brush Tool to remove some parts of the image where his cheeks meet the steering wheel. A Lens Filter adjustment was used to add a little bit of color to his face to finally finish off the image.

So, there is the finish work!

#photoediting #affinityphoto #paulwalker #fastandfurious

FINAL IMAGE 
WORKING IN AFFINITY PHOTO


ORIGINAL IMAGE I STARTED WITH

No comments:

Post a Comment